Frameless glass pool fencing is a popular option for home pool owners because it gives a sophisticated look whilst allowing a completely open view of the pool from surrounding areas, and from the pool outwards. With advancements in glass and safety technology, frameless glass is completely safe and our pool fencing has been tested to comply with New Zealand’s highest safety standards.
Pool safety is a paramount concern for both us and our customers, and you can rest assured our frameless pool fences are completely safe and robust. Our pool fencing systems come with different options for posts in both steel and aluminium that meet safety standards, and the glass itself is toughened to comply with all swimming pool and spa regulations.
Construction and Hardware
There are many different options for the construction and hardware used in your frameless glass pool fencing, including:
- Fixed fittings – Bolt on fittings made through the glass, requiring holes to be cut in the glass
- Channel options – Clamped or grouted channels give different styles and looks
- Supports and posts – Various post and clamp designs to suit the style of your area
- Semi & fully frameless – Depending on your desired style and budget, semi and fully frameless glass options are available
- Finishes – Natural anodised finishes and powder coated colours available to suit
Pool fencing regulations can be fairly complicated, however you don’t need to be an expert when you’re working with Thermoglaz. We are knowledgeable in pool, spa and hot tub safety regulations and know what is required when installing glass fencing at commercial and residential properties.
As with all of our pool fencing, our frameless pool glass options have all been tested and are fully compliant with all relevant regulations in New Zealand. To view pool fencing requirements, please see the Christchurch City Council’s Guide to the Fencing of Swimming Pools Act 1987.